Monday, February 1, 2010

The One & Only -- "Kell on Earth"



"We've already established that life is going to kick you in your ass sometimes and that there's no way to avoid that, but if you get up and keep doing what you do, giving your best self each time, you eventually achieve not only success but that great psychic coup of detachment."
- Kelly Cutrone, from her book, If You Have To Cry, Go Outside

Oh Kell, how we adore you……

Like Kelly says, “people want to see what people want to see” – so for those of you who think she is a witch - she is far from it. A go-getter, mentor, author, single mom, fashion PR maven, our favorite boss, and now a soon to be star of her own hit reality show - a few things that describe Kelly Cutrone.

Last week Kelly was able to fit us into her super hectic schedule for a chat. We caught on up the book everyone is talking about, her new show, being a single mom & what shows she is looking forward to at Fashion Week. As for what’s up next – “I would love to do a talk show”, says Kelly – which we are really pulling for and keeping our fingers crossed. We could have easily stayed on the phone all day and chatted but knew she was uber busy with New York Fashion Week in a few weeks and London to follow.
All about the FASHION
This season, Kelly is looking forward to Mara Hoffman, Jeremy Scott, Davidelfin all in New York and Whitney Port in London. As for her favorite show produced, even though they are all her “babies” – her daughter’s kindergarten class topped the list as her fave. “We brought in tee shirts, so they all created their own collection and then we had some of them become photographers, and others became models and some were in charge of music and it was this whole lesson on collaboration and community.”
All about the BOOK
Coming out tomorrow, in her trademark, no bull-shit style Kelly gives us the raw honest truth in “If You Have To Cry, Go Outside” - if only we could have had this very clear advice a few years back. It is an easy fun read book you most likely will read over and over and continue to laugh out loud. Make sure you flip to the back of the book to check out Kelly Cutrone Speaks – where Kelly turned to Facebook to answer all your dying questions about the queen herself.
All about the SHOW
As for the show, Kell On Earth, premiering tonight on Bravo – be prepared to laugh, really hard as you get a behind the scenes look at just how tough everyone at Peoples Revolution works as Kelly juggles her business in the fast paced life she lives.
And we must say, besides Kelly, keep your eye out for her assistant Andrew for some sure laughs as he, in Kelly’s words – is “a little Cher & Adams Family” – and well, who doesn’t love that.
Stay tuned tonight, and for the next 8 weeks as Kell and her Adams Family entertain us every Monday night on Bravo TV. Let the countdown begin……
To order Kelly’s book, go here as soon as possible! To learn more about her new show, Kell on Earth, and the cast, check out Bravo TV and make sure to tune in or set your TiVo’s for 10pm tonight. Seriously, you can’t miss it.

10 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! How excited am I to see this?! You have no idea, Cupcake Mag!

    I LOVE this woman! I just pre-ordered her book and I am counting down for the show -- almost 12 hours to go! AHHHH can't wait. I also can't wait to see this Andrew - sounds like he is going to make us laugh. So glad you shared the other side of Kelly with us - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks SO good - especially that first quite you have here. I can't wait to read it. She seems so down-to-earth and nothing like she was on The Hills -- she is awesome! Can't wait to see the show - counting down too!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I have to HAVE this book! I can't wait for the show! She is an amazing woman and KNOWS what she is talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article! She is one of the most talented people in the biz! Very excited for the book and the show! Thanks for getting her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need this book!!!!!!!!!!!! I have my TiVo set and I will be watching the show! I love this woman! Great interview and write up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding! I checked out the show last night. I did not know who Kelly was, but I often wondered who the people were behind the fashion shows. I watched it with my daughter and I think she has a new role model. Thank you so much for this article!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great write up! I am very impressed with this woman. She can do it all. I can't imagine being able to be a single mother, have a successful business, write a book, have a TV show, and keep sane. She is very impressive and I will be reading her book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly Cutrone is as powerhouse! I can only say this article is AMAZING! The show is great! Can't wait to buy her book! Thanks to you for interviewing her. Thanks to Kelly for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I want to be just like Kelly Cutrone! I will be getting her book asap! I will also be tuning in every time Kell on Earth is on! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Kelly! She totally reminds me of pretty much everyone I ever worked for in the fashion industry! Im a new follower-love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails